In November 2015, I decided to do something else and I started to read about Swift 2. Swift is an Apple programming language to write iOS, OS X, watchOS, and tvOS apps.
There are many reasons why I want to learn Swift… it is open source, it is modern, it allows me to write iOs and watchOS apps and… I love to learn!
This is a collection of examples and small guides to solve specific problems with Swift, that can save you some time if you are a Swift beginner. You may also find it useful if you like to learn with examples:
- # 01 – Loading an image from a URL
- # 02 – Close keyboard after edit
- # 03 – Set the location of a MapView
- # 04 – Add user annotations to a MapView
- # 05 – Getting the User’s Location
- # 06 – Take a Snapshot of a MKMapView
- # 07 – Reproduce an audio file
- # 08 – Gestures Recognizers: Swipe, Tap, Rotate, and Panning
- # 09 – Core Data. Create, get, update and remove entities
- # 10 – Serialization to/from JSON using ObjectMapper
- # 11 – Loading images from the Photo Library and the Camera
- # 12 – Extensions. Show Loading Indicators and Alerts